Pilates is an exercise and physical movement method that is developed a 100 years ago by Joseph Pilates. It is designed to control your body, mind and muscles. Joseph rehabilitated injured WW1 soldiers in England. Later on he used his method (back then called “Contrology”) on professional athletes and dancers in New York City to prevent them from getting injured and produce their peak performance.
It is a systematic practice of specific exercises coupled with focused breathing patterns. Your deep abdominal strength, joint mobility, flexibility, blood circulation and balance will be trained. In that way it will improve your body posture, you will feel more energetic, taller and stronger to be able to do more things in life! Pilates is suitable for everyone, all ages and from beginners to professional athletes.
We offer group and duet classes on the mat and privates on the reformer. The classes are suitable for everyone, all ages and from beginners to professional athletes. Our goal is to help everyone that needs personal attention to their bodies. We are always in contact with physiotherapists, to discuss and to get extra information.
The GROUP CLASSES are not with more than 10 people, to be able to give more attention to the clients than for example in a big gym or studio.
The BASIC class is suitable for those starting and/or are not familiar with the Pilates technique.
The INTERMEDIATE classes are for those that are familiar with the Pilates technique, and want to have more challenge.
The PRIVATE classes are custom made specifically for your needs and goals.
We can have a closer look at your posture (injuries), and help you in a more efficient way.
The DUET classes give you the opportunity to get more attention than in a group
class and there will be more room for questions.
Because you can share the class it is also more affordable than a Private class.
Private and Duet classes are on the pilates equipment.
We use the Reformer, Chair, Ladder Barrel and small props. Those give you more assistance and feedback to the body. Gravity of the body weight can be adjusted or you can do the exercises with more power.
Email us to make an appointment for a Private or Duet class!
We offer a 30-min free try-out.
– Please sign in before every class!
– The duration of a class is 60 min.
– Please be present at least 5 min before the class.
– You must report any injuries and/or (interim) medical contraindications before you take a class at About Moving.
– When Anique or Marloes are not able to teach a class, there will be suitable replacement.
– About Moving has the right to cancel a class at least 8 hours before.
– There are no shoes allowed in the studio.
– Every client cleans the mat after the class with the provided cleaning sprays.
Nov 16th the studio is moved to BURGEMEESTER ELIASSTRAAT 76
2 classes € 13,00 (only new clients – Valid 1 month)
Single class € 13,00
5 classes € 60,00 (Valid 2 months)
10 classes € 110,00 (Valid 4 months)
Single class € 55,00
5 classes € 260,00 (Valid 2 months)
10 classes € 480,00 (Valid 4 months)
Single class € 30,00 p.p
5 Classes € 135,00 p.p (Valid 2 months)
10 classes € 250,00 p.p (Valid 4 months)
– You can attend the class only after payment.
– We have a 8 hour cancellation policy for all classes.
– After a cancellation later than 8 hours the class is not refundable, that means that the class will be charged.
– The purchase of a single class or a try-out package is valid for 1 month.
– The purchase of a package of 5 class is valid for 2 months and a 10 class package for 4 months.
– All purchases are final and non-exchangeable, unless we have to move to a different studio location. Then we will transfer the remaining classes back to you.
– If there is no available places left in a group class you can put yourself on the waiting list. You will receive an email when a place opens up.
– Contact us if you would like to book a Private or Duet class!
I started ballet at age 4. From 1994 till 2003 I studied at the National Ballet Academy in Amsterdam, where I got my bachelor degree in dance. For the past years, I have been working as a ballet dancer in international shows. Such as Aalto Ballet Theater Essen, Robin Hood, Best of musical Gala, West Side story, and more. I played the role of “White Cat” in the musical Cats in the Netherlands, England and Germany.
Pilates has always been a big part of my ballet training. It always kept me in shape and helped me getting better from an injury.
I followed several Pilates teacher training courses at the Pilates Company, Kineticode Pilates and the studio comprehensive education from Polestar Pilates with all the pilates apparatus.
I work with all kinds of people. Elderly, people working in an office till dancers and athletes. I taught the dancers at “Dance in Art” in Haarlem and at Stage Entertainment musical “Moeder ik wil bij de Revu”. Since December 2015 I am teaching the Dutch Olympic women rowing team, who won gold and silver medals on the Olympic Games in Rio 2016.
Since beginning 2017 i opened ABOUT MOVING.
Originally from Dallas, Texas, Julie completed her education in Dance Performance (BFA) and Business Management (BBA) in 2013 at Southern Methodist University. She spent two years dancing professionally in Germany before moving to Amsterdam last year.
In her classes, she hopes to teach students to move mindfully – with a lot of imagery and attention to the sensations different movements bring forth in order to really understand what the body is doing – and therefore allow a healthy progression towards more challenging movement.
She hopes that people leave her class feeling more open in their body and mind!
Julie is certified to teach Pilates Mat through Polestar Pilates.